The Looming Nightmare

By Larry Sand
The ongoing Covid lockdown hysteria is taking a brutal toll on the young. According to the Burbio school tracker, 53 percent of schools nationwide are now fully open for business. With the new CDC guidelines having determined that three feet is a safe distance for students, one would think the other 47 percent would embrace...

TAGS: American Federation of Teachers, CDC, Covid, Darren Miller, Diane Ravitch, Larry Sand, National Education Association, Randi Weingarten, teachers union

Combating Union Misinformation

By Larry Sand
Getting the facts to people who have been lied to for decades is essential for change. In my latest City Journal post, I argue in favor of an initiative that will be on the ballot in California in November. Proposition 32, which will appear on the November general-election ballot, would ban unions and most corporations...

TAGS: Act 10, agency fee payer, American Federation of Teachers, California Teachers Association, California Teachers Empowerment Network, Darren Miller, National Education Association, Prop. 32, teachers union

CTA: Politically Correct, Clueless and Shameless

By Larry Sand
Recently dubbed “the worst union in America,” the California Teachers Association does its best to live down to its new moniker. Troy Senik’s “The Worst Union in America,” is a deadly accurate piece which appears in the Spring 2012 edition of City Journal. Not surprisingly, the author was referring to the California Teachers Association, the...

TAGS: California Teachers Association, Darren Miller, Dean Vogel, Jerry Brown, teachers union, Troy Senik